Chocolate Almond Protein Bites
- 6 scoops Formula 1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured Shake Mix
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond drink (or soya drink or semi/skimmed milk)
- ½ cup of raisins
- 30 g dark chocolate chips
- 50 g almond spread
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 scoops Formula 1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured Shake Mix
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- In a small bowl, combine flax and chia seeds with almond drink and let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the raisins, chocolate chips, almond spread, rolled oats, agave nectar, vanilla extract and Formula 1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured Shake Mix.
- Mix with your hands until well mixed. The mixture should just hold together. If it seems dry, add water or almond drink, a tablespoon at a time, being careful not to make the final mixture too soft.
- Dampen your hands with water and roll the mixture into one-inch sized balls (makes 30).
- In a small bowl, mix the Formula 1 Smooth Chocolate Flavoured Shake Mix and cocoa powder. Roll balls in this mixture to coat completely.
- Line a covered storage container with waxed paper. Place the coated balls on waxed paper, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrients per serving: